Good nutrition is not only important to stay healthy, but also to feel happy and in good spirits. In this recipe, you’ll learn how to make a quinoa and avocado salad that is not only delicious, but also contains ingredients that help you lose weight. Get ready to enjoy a nutritious and tasty meal!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mode of preparation:
- In a large bowl, mix cooked quinoa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and chopped cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then, pour this mixture over the salad and toss gently to make sure all the ingredients are well coated.
- Taste the salad and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the salad on individual plates and enjoy this delicious and healthy meal.
This salad is full of ingredients that are easy to find in the kitchen and have mood-boosting benefits. Quinoa is a grain rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that helps produce serotonin, also called the "happiness hormone". Avocado contains healthy fats and B-complex vitamins, which also contribute to keeping our nervous system in good condition and improving our mood. Cherry tomatoes provide antioxidants and cucumber helps keep us hydrated and fresh.
For all these reasons, this quinoa and avocado salad is a delicious and easy-to-prepare option to improve our mood and keep us healthy. Be sure to include this recipe in your weekly menu and enjoy the benefits that healthy eating can bring to your emotional and physical well-being!